The Railway Recruitment Board conducts RRB Group D exam also known as RRC Level 1 exam, on an annual basis. It is an All India level examination that recruits eligible candidates for various posts like Helper/Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various departments of Indian Railways.
The Railway Group D Exam 2020 which was scheduled to start from December 15th onwards is now postponed to a new date. As per the latest announcement, the Level 1 exam is now scheduled to be conducted from April to June 2021. Interested candidates can go through the details regarding RRB Group D Exam Date on the linked page.
The railway board released 103769 vacancies for RRB Level 1 exam and the number of applicants for the said vacancy is more than double due to job security in the government sector and lucrative pay package.
Since the number of applicants for Group D examination is high the competition for the exam will definitely be highly intense. Therefore, it is imperative for candidates to leave no stone unturned while preparing for the exam. To help the aspirants in their preparation we have come up with a few easily manageable preparation tips so that their preparation level goes to the next level and they clear the exam in the first attempt itself.
RRB Group D Selection Process
Before moving on to the hacks for Group D preparation let’s take a look at the selection process of the Railway Level 1 exam that candidates have to undergo in order to qualify.
The RRB Group D exam process comprises three stages:
- RRB Group D (CBT) Computer Based Test
- RRB Group D (PET) Physical Efficiency Test
- RRB Group D (DV) Document Verification
Any candidate who manages to qualify all the stages of RRC Level 1 examination is appointed to various posts in Railway Group D.
Hacks to Prepare for Railway Group D Exam
Here are a few easy-peasy hacks following which candidates can perform exceptionally well in the upcoming Railway Level 1 exam.
- Being thorough with Group D syllabus. Candidates must make sure they go through the entire syllabus and prepare each and every topic equally well to excel in the examination. Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern in-depth is vital as aspirants can dedicate equal time to each topic.
- Chalk out a strategic study plan. It is essential that an aspirant makes a proper time table and diligently follows the plan to prepare for the examination. He/she needs to ensure that an equal amount of time is being spent in the preparation of each section and no important topic is left for the last minute preparation.
- Conceptual clarity – Having clarity on the strong concept of every topic covered in the syllabus is of utmost importance. Candidates should spend their precious time strengthening their conceptual knowledge on topics they are good at.
- Learn shortcut tricks. Try to acquire skills of using shortcut tricks and tactics to solve questions within a short span of time. You can take online help from relevant sources and websites. Also, they can talk to experts or experienced people.
- Practice for perfection. Practice a lot of questions in a short span of time to score well. Remember, efficiency in the solving speed is crucial to crack any competitive exam like Group D. Always aim to solve the maximum number of questions with accuracy so that there are higher chances of clearing the exam in the first attempt.
- Analyze the question papers. Question papers will help candidates understand which topics are more important with respect to the examination and which ones are of lesser importance. Regularly solving the question papers of previous years and taking up mock tests rigorously help aspirants improve on every aspect related to the exam thereby improving chances of success in the first attempt.
- Hone Time management Skill. All the online examinations are about time management. More number of questions answered correctly in the stipulated time, more is the probability of being shortlisted. This can only be done if a candidate practises more often and gradually spends less time in solving each question.
- Read and read more. Always be updated on the daily affairs in the nation and world. Reading important newspapers, yearbooks and magazines upkeep the knowledge related to worldly affairs and hence helps to crack the general awareness section easily.
- Mock tests for revision. Solving the RRB Group D / Level 1 mock tests is the best way for a candidate to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and the important topics from each section. Mock tests will help candidates analyse which subjects are their strengths and which ones are their weakness and require more practices and hard work to be put in.
- No room for guesswork. Candidates should never try to make wild guesses while marking the answers as this would reduce their overall score because of the incorrect answer, respectively.
- Analyze the Cut Off Trend. Aspirants are advised to go through the trends of cut off scores from previous years. It helps to get an idea of minimum qualifying marks and the number of questions that need to be attempted in the exam.
- Do not panic. Candidates should make sure that they do not stress too much for the exam. It is imperative to understand that success thrives only when our mind works fast, and to help the mind it is important to be in a relaxed state and keep away from all distractions and stress zones. Only then can the preparation be done systematically and efficiently. Panicking at any stage of examination may only result in loss of time and energy.
Having a positive approach for exam preparation is a must for every candidate. Just work hard and all the efforts will surely give good results.
Keep track of the latest information regarding the RRB Group D Admit Card on the linked page.