Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka, houses many top engineering colleges and universities. There are more than 20 engineering colleges offering quality education, making the city a cherished dream for pursuing a B. Tech in Biotechnology Engineering.
Here is a list of popular engineering colleges in Bangalore offering B. Tech in Biotechnology Engineering:
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute Of Technology
About the College
Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology Bangalore was established in 1986 as a renowned institute. This institute provides technical education programs and is ranked among India’s top 25 engineering colleges and ranked AAA among India’s best engineering colleges.
This college has got incredible quality in terms of facilities, academics, and co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Candidates need to pass 10+2 examinations with mathematics and physics as mandatory subjects and biology/chemistry/computer science/electronics as optional subjects.
- At least 45% marks (40% in the case of a candidate belonging to the reserved group of Karnataka) in the aforementioned subjects.
- 45% of the seats of the total intake are to be filled through CET.
- 30% of the seats of the total intake are to be filled through the COMED-K test.
- 25% of the seats of the total intake are to be filled through the management quota.
Ramaiah Technology Institute
About the college
Ramaiah Technology Institute, an autonomous private engineering institute, provides various undergraduate level programs, postgraduate-level programs, and research programs at the doctorate level in many specializations.
Biotechnology engineering from this college in Bangalore is a good choice as good quality education options are available at a low fee with a high return on investment.
- A candidate who has passed 10+2 examinations with mathematics and physics as mandatory subjects and biology/chemistry/computer science/electronics as optional subjects.
- The eligibility for admission is 45 percent in the qualifying test for the general category and 40 percent for the category-1 SC/ST and OBC categories.
- The admission is based on the marks of the entrance examination KEA or COMED-K.
- The candidates can download the form from the official website and submit it online for admission.
R.V. College of Engineering
About the College
RVCE offers 12 different types of undergraduate engineering programs. It has got a sprawling campus spread over an area of 50.97 on Mysore Road. It is ranked one of the country’s top ten self-financed engineering institutions.
A major advantage of this college is its dedicated and highly trained faculty. It also helps its students to conduct research and development for industry and defence establishments in the region.
- Candidates must have cleared class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 65% in the science stream.
- The candidates need to clear one of the entrance examinations KCET/ COMEDK/JEE Mains.
- Admission to the B. Tech program is based on the KCET 2020/COMEDK 2020/JEE Mains 2020 rankings accompanied by counselling.
About the College
PES University was established in the year 1972 in Bangalore. This university was formerly known as the PES Institute of Technology. PESU is ranked 6th in the Top 50 Private universities by OUTLOOK India-ICARE rankings.
Today, PES University programs are sought after by students from all over the country. The university’s emphasis on admitting the best talent in India and abroad is one of the main reasons for this.
- 60% aggregate marks of 10+2 examination from a recognized board in Physics + Maths + Chemistry or Computer Science or Electronics or Biotechnology.
- Need to qualify the PESSAT or KCET test.
- Admissions are done on the basis of the marks obtained in PESSAT and KCET.
- The students can apply for biotechnology engineering from the official website of the university.
The above list is a curated collection of all top engineering colleges in Bangalore that are offering B. Tech. in Biotechnology Engineering. These colleges have got the right mix of infrastructure, eminent faculties, and placement records. Choose any of them based on your preference to have a rocking future as a biotechnology engineer.