In high season hockey is second in popularity after soccer. This game has a large number of fans around the world, as evidenced by the wide lines and the number of bets made in bookmakers’ offices. Live betting is especially in demand, as the game is characterized by dynamism, bright moments and the assertiveness of the sportsmen, which attracts bettors. Therefore, ice hockey online today is becoming more and more popular in the world of betting.
Features of hockey as a sport
Before betting on a hockey match, you should understand the nuances of this sports discipline. Some of the key features include:
- Frequent comebacks. Compared to soccer and other sports, the game is much more productive. A lead of several pucks does not guarantee a victory for the leader. There have been cases in history when a club lost a game 0-5, but won in the end. Due to these situations, experienced bettors bet on high odds.
- If the scoreboard fixes a tie after three periods, the game goes into overtime, and then into a series of shootouts. But in most betting companies, bets on the main outcomes are accepted without regard to overtime. In such cases, it is possible to bet on a draw. And bets on the winner, taking into account extra time, are offered in the coverage. But to avoid controversial situations, you should immediately familiarize yourself with the rules of calculation of hockey results by the bookmaker.
- Saturated tournament schedule. Teams sometimes have time to play up to four matches in a week. This allows the bettor to conduct an objective analysis of the state of the team, using up-to-date information. Often clubs hold several away games in a row. After this series, hockey players often get tired, which affects their performance in the next match.
- When sorting out a hockey game, it is worth taking into account losses in the squads of the teams, the history of personal meetings and the factor of “uncomfortable opponent”.
- In hockey, it is possible to replace the goalie with a sixth field player. This point should be taken into account when betting in play, when one of the teams loses by just one or two pucks at the end of the match.
All of these points need to be understood by every bettor who wants to achieve stable results when betting.
How to correctly play in live mode?
It is easier to see changes on the court and predict the outcome of a game by watching the game in real time, given the situation. After all, the player sees the factors that were impossible to predict before the match. The bettor can really understand how events are developing, who is attacking more, what the mood of the teams and coaches and their potential.
The situation in the ice arena is changing dynamically. Accordingly, the odds are subject to fluctuations. Watching the game, you can catch favorable odds, for example, by betting on the favorite, which loses in the course of the meeting, but puts a lot of pressure.
Live betting has one significant disadvantage – some bookmakers suspend betting for a time, when one of the parties is in the minority. In this way, bookmakers insure themselves against unforeseen risks. However, this drawback is outweighed by a lot of advantages, the most important of which is a high level of performance, which makes the analysis process as easy as possible.
Hockey is a team sport, so the main role is played by the interaction between the team members. Often, the ability to stick to a single strategy helps more on the ice than the professionalism and excellent form of some sportsmen.
To make money in live betting, a bettor should be well-versed in hockey and the strength of teams, know all the subtleties and peculiarities. After all, sometimes you have to make decisions in a matter of seconds, and the profitability of the game in the betting company will depend on the choice. Therefore, regularly monitor the news, gather information, conduct pre-match analysis, and determine game and financial strategies. Only comprehensive work will lead the player to long-term success and stable winnings.