The importance of Maths is quite stressed upon, and rightfully so. After all, it is an important subject that has implications in your day to day life. Whether you are stepping out to purchase fruits & vegetables, measuring your clothes, or calculating how much money your friends owe you, everything involves maths making it an indefensible part of our lives. However, it’s also true that this subject can be quite tricky for most, thanks to the bazillion concepts, formulas, etc it encompasses. A lot of students dread this subject and find it difficult to concentrate due to its complexity. Due to this reason, students prefer not to choose maths in their 10+2.
Class 9th maths can be quite challenging. However, it lays the foundation for class 10th, which is precisely why you are required to pay complete attention to this subject. You should know that the higher level of maths starts from class 9th. However, students usually don’t take this standard seriously, chiefly because it is not a ‘Board’ class. But the fact entails that 9th is a class of basics. Whatever you will study from 10th to 12th, 9th maths provides the basic knowledge of the subject. When the foundation is weak, the building will automatically be unstable. No matter how difficult, it is one subject that is highly scoring and can single-handedly boost your overall grades. As such, with some effort, one can easily score full marks in this subject; you just need to know the right tricks, and most importantly, have the correct reference material.
NCERT All The Way!
NCERT should be the first book you refer to for your class 9th exam preparation. If you want to score highly in your exams, the NCERT book should be at your fingertips. The first step of preparing for your class 9th exams involves sticking to this book and completing it before moving on to additional resources. NCERT provides you with basic knowledge of the concept and also has well-explained examples. Start with the concepts, then move on to the examples, and then practice the exercises. Make sure to do each and every question of every exercise to become well conversant with the topic. If you are struggling to buy NCERT books due to unavailability, online PDFs of Maths NCERT books are also available. Along with it, you will find solutions to exercises along with the previous year question papers.
Now, when you are well versed with your NCERT, you can then move on to additional study material. There are numerous reference books that can make mathematics a cakewalk for you. With these, you will be prepared to ace any 9th class math exam.
- The first reference book that you can pick is NCERT Exemplar Book. The best one is from Arihant. This is the most reliable book as it contains questions of different levels. The book is based on CBSE’s latest exam pattern and will give you ample material to practice. In each exercise, there are many MCQs, True-False questions, in addition to one-word questions that accommodate the pattern of 20 MCQs in the exam pattern. There are multiple examples on which the exercises are based. The exercises also contain HOTS questions for those who love doing math.
- The next one on our list is RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9 This is a highly reliable book that most students absolutely swear by, and rightfully so! This book is undoubtedly one of the best books for preparing for the CBSE class 9th exam. You can also refer to RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9 Chapter 9. This book might have a limited number of questions in comparison to its counterparts, but it offers the utmost quality. If you are not a fan of mathematics and want to practice limited but quality questions, then this book will be an excellent choice for you. Though the book contains questions of a basic level, it also has HOTS for those who want to challenge themselves.
- Maths and RD Sharma go hand in hand. This book is published by Dhanpat Rai Publications and happens to be a book of complex nature that many students dread. However, it can’t be ignored that it is also one of the best books for class 9th maths exam. This book is designed for all those students who are not only preparing for exams but also want the concepts cemented in their minds for a lifetime. This book is quite elaborate and comes with numerous questions that are divided according to the levels of difficulty. Other than that, this book also contains an easy explanation of concepts, that are accompanied by examples to give you excellent exposure. RD Sharma will also help you in preparing for competitive exams.
- The market provides you with a number of other choices ranging from MBD to Ratna Sagar Publications. Before buying any reference book, look up the contents in your syllabus and match them with the book so you do not end up studying different things.
- If you are a visual learner and do not like digging into too many books, the internet is your saviour. There are many online platforms that will help you understand the concepts with ease while providing you with extra questions. Once you are ready with the concept, you can do the sample papers.
In addition to these, the students of class 9th should refer to CBSE Question Bank, as they are exactly as per the pattern of the paper, and would give you great practice. The best ones are from Oswal’s and also from Educart. They provide question papers of previous years along with those curated by CBSE for your practice. Doing sample papers will not only give a gist of the topics that should be given more importance but also help you in time management.
Kick-start your preparation for Class 9 exams starting early so that you can complete your syllabus on time and with ample practice. Students are also advised to practice daily in accordance with the latest CBSE pattern.